- The Aquarius
Supply Method of
Dig and level a hole for the Biological waterfall. Put
sand under the falls and level.
2. Chalk out the outline of the pond and start
3. Dig a hole for the skimmer and use a transit to
find the appropriate level. Ideally placed at the
opposite end of the pond from the waterfall for optimum
4. Continue digging pond & shelves.
5. Tamp pond bottom and shelves, remove rocks and
all sharp objects.
6. Lay in the underlayment & pond liner, leaving
overhang around pond.
7. If your plan includes a stream from the
waterfall down to the pond lay out this section now.
8. Dig and level shelves.
9. Insert hose from the skimmer to biological
waterfall and assemble.
10. Line the falls with liner and pull liner up
and under the lip of waterfall.
11. Fill pond with the largest rocks first. Next
shovel in smaller pebbles to fill all voids.
12. At the same time plan where plants will be
placed and fill holes for plants with dirt and kitty
13. Place rocks up stream to waterfalls, level
14. Place capping stone on top of Bio falls, being
sure to seal with foam to adhere.
15. As with the pond, first fill stream or
waterfall with level large rocks, then fill all voids
with smaller pebbles.
16. Have water delivered if necessary.
17. Turn electricity on to the system, pond is